What You should know about Beach Newborn Photo Sessions | Oahu Beach Newborn Photography
Newborn sessions outdoors around sunrise or before sunset on the windward side are literally my favorite! I actually prefer this over indoor newborn photos because I feel like families are more relaxed (the beach is a calming place!!), I set up baby for newborn shots while families relax and then I begin incorporating everyone in. You will love newborn photos outdoors at the beach! I have a few specific spots that I use for these.
Here is what you should know
WHEN TO BOOK
If you do not have a planned c-section, you should book your newborn session once baby ARRIVES and no sooner. If you are having a planned birth, you can schedule your session ASAP BEFORE baby arrives because we will be able to select a specific date.
- If you do not have a planned birth date for baby, please contact me literally the day baby is born ideally so that I can try to get you in within the first 10 days of baby’s birth.
- Babies are way more sleepy within the first 10 days, so it is better to schedule your photo session earlier vs. later. Especially for beach photos.
WHAT TO BRING
Here are some things you should bring:
- Diaper bag with all of the essentials – pacifier (even if you are not using one yet), wipes, diapers, 2 changes of clothes, 2 swaddles (at least 1 neutral swaddle) so we can layer swaddles if needed
- A palm or monstera leaf (if you want to incorporate that)- Check facebook marketplace!
- I have neutral swaddles & a snuggle me for baby to lounge in for photos (check to see if I was successful in preserving a monstera leaf! I have been trying to do this with no success just yet)
- Bring help if baby has older siblings. This will allow us to focus on you/your partner and baby, and it also lets mom/dad relax for a little!
HOW TO BOOK
email marissa.hbphoto@gmail..com or call 415-343-2377
Enjoy these photos from a recent beach newborn photo session on Oahu!