Best Family-Friendly Beaches on Oahu | Hawaii Family Photography
Are you in search of the best family-friendly beaches for your vacation on Oahu?
There are several kid-friendly beaches in Oahu, Hawaii. Here are some of my favorite options!
Waikiki Beach – Prince Kuhio Beach
- A popular choice among families due to convenience, this beach has a break wall which protects it from the surf and creates the perfect spot for little ones to play. You can find it near the Duke Kahanamoku statue.
Ala Moana Beach Park
- With a wide stretch of sandy beach and calm waters, this beach is perfect for families with young children. It also has plenty of amenities like picnic areas, restrooms, showers and lifeguards.
Lanikai Beach Park
- Lanikai Beach was rated as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and did you know it’s also one of the most family-friendly? With its calm turquoise waters, it’s a perfect place for kids to enjoy both the beach and the water. You’ll want to visit during the week – the earlier the better – because parking is closed on the weekends, which means you’ll need to walk in from Kailua beach. If you’re looking for food options in the area, head over to Kalapawai cafe just around the corner where you’ll find the yummiest sandwiches.
Ko Olina Lagoons
- A man-made lagoon system perfect for children, with shallow waters and a small beach. It is perfect for kids who want to swim or snorkel with tropical fish. The location I prefer to access this beach is between Aulani Disney Resort and The Four Seasons. You can easily find free parking if you arrive around sunrise, however, if you’re coming later, you can park in the shopping center lot close to Monkeypod kitchen for a small hourly fee, and then walk to the beach. Don’t forget to check out the snack stand in front of Aulani on the beach for the best soft serve watermelon and pineapple sorbet.
Baby Makapuu Beach
- This is a small, secluded beach on the east side of Oahu that can be a good option for families with kids. The beach is protected by an offshore reef, which creates calm, shallow waters that are perfect for young children to swim and play in.The beach is also relatively uncrowded compared to other beaches on the island, which can make it a peaceful and relaxing spot for families to spend the day. There are restrooms nearby. It’s important to note that there are no lifeguards on duty and no facilities available at Baby Makapuu Beach.
Remember to always keep an eye on your children even in shallow water especially at Lanikai, Koolina and baby Makapuu as there are no lifeguards on duty.
BOOKING A PHOTOGRAPHER FOR YOUR TRIP
If you are looking for a photographer for your O’ahu vacation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE to inquire!
Marissa is a professional photographer based on the island of Oahu in Hawaii, who specializes in capturing family, maternity, couples and newborn photographs. She has extensive experience photographing clients in a range of locations, including those near popular resorts like Hilton Hawaiian Village, Turtle Bay at the North Shore, The Marriott Resort in Koolina, as well as locations further away from resorts such as Kailua and Lanikai.