5 Tips to Help you Prepare for a Beach Newborn Photo Session | Jessica & Family | Oahu Newborn Photoshoot
I’d love to share tips to help you prepare for a beach newborn photo session on Oahu!
I recently started offering beach newborn photo sessions on Oahu, and I have loved each and every one that I have done so far! Oahu beaches offer a breathtaking backdrop and natural lighting that can result in stunning newborn photos. Families I’ve worked with often prefer beach photo sessions over indoor shoots because of Hawaii’s beautiful weather and scenery. However, planning and preparation are crucial for a successful beach photo session with a newborn. To help you achieve the best results, here are some essential tips to consider.
Choose the right time of day
- The best time for a newborn photo session at the beach is early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the sun is lower in the sky. The light during these times of day is softer, warmer, and more flattering than the harsh light of midday.
Dress baby appropriately
- Dressing your newborn appropriately for the beach photo session is important. Avoid dressing them in bulky clothes and choose lightweight, breathable clothing that will keep them cool and comfortable. I would recommend arriving with a onesie and your favorite swaddle. I do have swaddles that you are welcome to use if you need. The photos shown below include swaddles that are apart of my baby “closet” for clients.
Bring the right props
- I typically bring a snuggle me, leather Gathre mat and a muslin blanket in addition to onesies and swaddles in case we need a last minute outfit or swaddle for any reason. Once you book your photoshoot I will also ask if you’d like to include a leaf (palm or monstera leaf) for baby’s photos.
Pack the essentials
- Be sure to bring all the essentials you need for your newborn, such as extra clothes, diapers, wipes, swaddles. I like to photograph newborns in filtered sunrise or sunset light so we don’t need to worry about harmful sun rays.
Hire a professional photographer
- Hiring a professional photographer for your beach photo session is the best way to ensure that you get high-quality photos that capture the essence of your newborn and the beauty of the beach. A professional photographer will know how to work with natural light, capture the perfect angles, and create stunning compositions that will leave you with memories to treasure for years to come.
In conclusion, a newborn photo session at the beach can be a beautiful and unforgettable experience for both parents and their little one. By following these tips and preparing appropriately, you can create a fun and relaxed atmosphere that will help you capture some amazing photos. Remember to enjoy the moment, stay stress-free by laughing if baby is a little cranky and remember to plan to do baby’s photos when they are younger than 10 days old to assure that they’ll be nice and sleepy!
Interested in booking your very own beach newborn session? Please CLICK HERE to submit an inquiry, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 415-343-2377.